LawnBott LB3500 Review- LawnBott LB3500 Features
Smart and good looking, or is it good looking and smart?
The LawnBott LB3500 has a high end processor and more memory than all the other mower models combined. Look for LawnBott to fill that up with even more features and improvements over the coming months and years. Since the manufacturer is primarily a software company, the engineers are going to have a field day with this one!Smart Spiral
- The smart spiral is fun to watch, like a honey bee in the hive dancing around. The spiral on the LB3500 is much tighter than the Evolution.
When the LawnBott LB3500 finds an area of grass that is unusually tall or thick, it will start in a tight circle and unwind like unteethering from a pole. This ensures the whole yard gets cut and looks crew-cut smooth all the time.Fast Return
- I am not a big fan of the fast return. The li-on battery has plenty of juice to get back to the charging base from even the longest route. It does have its purpose on flowerbed islands.
The fast return allows the LawnBott LB3500 to take a short cut back to the base. The installation page has details on how to set it up.Internet Upgrade
- Now this is a feature! Hundreds of Bamabots.com customers have upgraded their older LawnBotts. The new options and features are well worth it. For the LawnBott LB3500 I can only see good things coming from this. Safety Features
- micro-switches vs. mercury bulbs- This is such an improvement. The blade now shuts off in 1 second if the mower is lifted, even if the Proximity Sensors are not activated.
Four Zone Management
The LawnBott LB3500 can now handle 4 zones AND follow the with backwards to the nearest zone.
- The LawnBott Evolution can go to 3 zones. The LawnBott LB3500 can manage 4 zones. Reverse Direction to nearest cutting zone
- This is another MAJOR feature. Instead of following the wire all the way around the yard to get to the zone in the back, the LawnBott LB3500 now can follow the wire counterclockwise to the nearest zone. This saves a lot of energy.Self Programming Mode
- Simply put, as the LawnBott LB3500 mows, it determines how fast the grass is growing. When it goes back to the charging base it calculates the next time it needs to come out to keep the yard at the optimal height. This is a tried and true (and Dearly Loved) feature used on the LawnBott Evolution. Skip to Next Zone
- When the LawnBott LB3500 senses that it has covered the entire zone it will find the wire and proceed to the next zone rather than continuing to mow an already well-cut area or going back to the charging base. This maximizes the cutting effectiveness. Blade Modulation
- The software monitors the resistance on the blade motor. When it starts to get bogged down the software provides more energy to the mowing motor. When there is less resistance, the software reduces power.
This is a critical element to implement the self programming mode, the smart spiral, skip-to-next-zone, changing blade speeds.
|Technical Information|| |
|Coverage Per Hour||3,100 sq/ft|
|Mower Size (Length x Width x Height)||26x19x11 |
|Weight with Battery||28 lbs.|
|Cutting Disc||4 blade|
|Cutting Speed||65 feet/minute|
|Average Working Time||3 hours|
|Charging Time||2.5 hours|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion x 2|
|Hill Capability||30 degrees|
|Software Update by Internet||YES|